Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mountain artwork!!

I went up to the mountains last week for a family reunion...and it was fabulous. Literally, AMAZING!!! My extended family is about as amazing as they come. They are kind, loving, hilarious, encouraging and just good at life!! And, it was a nice little creative escape. I came back feeling refreshed and full of good ideas! (my family is amazingly creative as well, so always good to be inspired by them).

Anyway, I just want to quickly show you the most amazing piece of artwork EVER!!! The great one (my mom) went up to this mountain oasis this last winter to help my uncle and aunt decorate their home. When she was up there, I talked to her on the phone and she was sharing with me this artwork that she created. I listened, but honestly, didn't 'get it.' It sounded like a big blob on the wall. As she described it more and more, the more confused I became. I completely forgot about this artwork until this weekend. I was looking around at my awesome auntie's mountain home and saw this art on the wall...complimented them and she informed me they were made by my mom. Am I surprised? No!!! Anyway, completely amazing!!!

She got pieces of plywood, covered them in faux-leather pieces. Put little mosaic pieces of tile and cut part of the sides away to make it look like natural ('riverish'), added grout...then went and chopped down trees (not kidding) and tied them to the artwork. Look below to see amazingness!!

And, if that weren't cool enough, look what is beyond the artwork (in the last picture). SERIOUSLY, could this get any cooler?!



This huge incredible artwork just make this hall-way something special.




AND...OH MY AMAZING!!!! Behind one of the pieces, is a hidden room. It's a door!! WOW!

No comments: