Thursday, August 18, 2011

DIY...and DIY quickly!

Okay, I admit it...I have a problem. I start things and have trouble finishing them. For instance, I have been working on the same oil painting for almost a year now. UGH! I like details and enjoy even more taking my time working on details. I am able to do this, because let's face it, I have nothing else to do with my time. BUT, just because you have the time to work FOREVER on a DIY-project doesn't always mean you have to. It's often times the most rewarding to have a project done quickly to show off the creation you just made!! Let me share with you a very quick and AH-amazing paint project!

If you haven't noticed, I am still highlighting some of my mom's projects. I have stacks of things of my own to share with the world, but thought her ideas are just too great to wait!! In the basement of my parent's home is where you could almost always find someone. It's a great hangout place! It has a big screen, recliner chairs in a row, a fireplace and a pool table. It's the place to be in this amazing house!!

Along the walls sits five rectangular pieces of black metal. (You could also use canvas) From afar, you see lines of fall-foliage-colored trees. Up close, you see paint dripping and the brush-blots. I LOVE IT!!!! What the great one did: lined up the canvas/metal in a straight row, stood them tilted on the ground (so the paint would drip), put a little dab of paint on each one so the dripping would begin, then just blotted the bristles of the brush to create the tops of the trees. See below. It's a stunning piece that sits along the wall of the basement. AND, the very best thing about this project is: it's fast!!!




The view from across the room of this amazing DIY artwork!

No comments: