Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mirror, Mirror, on the...furniture?!

First and foremost, I apologize for the quality of pictures that you will see in this entry...as well as the possible messiness that is in the background. I was rushing taking these pictures and did not take the time they deserved. Sorries!!

So, "Shabby Chic" is all the rage right now. It's adorable, but it seems like EVERYONE is doing it. So...you have an old piece of furniture that you want to redo and you are not really a shabby chic type person. What is one to do!? One possible solution is to add mirrors!

I am a huge fan of finding old furniture and sanding it down and repainting it. I have painted my tables apple green, turquoise, white and even the predictable but solid brown. I have not gotten brave enough to paint the same piece of furniture multiple colors...it's still too much for me. At least that's what I thought until I came upon this little dresser in my mom's room. Then, on top of the different colors, she goes one step further and adds mirrors. When described, it seems like too much, but honestly, it works...and I LOVE IT! 

A variety of colors and different sizes of mirrors makes this dresser truly unique!

Across the room from the bright dresser sits a small vanity desk. She painted this silver, added fun knobs on the front and then mosaiced part of it in mirrors!!! Then, she added a cute little fluffy bench chair underneath to complete the look. I absolutely ADORE this little table. Silver is a color that can go with nearly anything. Add a little silver paint and some mirrors and you BAM, you have a fun little accent piece to add to almost any room.



No comments: