Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tissue-Paper?!?

So, when one wants something completely outside of the box, one has to think completely outside of the box. My mom (the creative genius) wanted textured walls...not faux-textured walls, but the real thing. She used tissue paper...Yep, tissue paper! She put a little paint on the wall, then laid the tissue paper on top. Then, she later painted over it.

I wish I would have taken more pictures of this, but I forgot. If you look at the wall here, you will notice an awesome tissue-paper texture...because it actually IS tissue paper underneath there. I LOVE this inexpensive way to get a unique look for the wall! Has she figured out what to do if she no longer wants this tissue-paper look?! Hmmm, knowing her, she'll probably just tear down the whole wall. :)



I was actually taking picture of this 'home-made' art in these pictures, but please notice the TISSUE-PAPER textured wall in the background. Amazing!!!
 

No comments: