Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Orange you glad....

As I mentioned earlier, my parent's home is crazy creative and full of color; Simply put, I LOVE IT! There is an office upstairs that serves as an extra bed when people are visiting. It used to be done in 'man colors,' but to my pleasant surprise, it is now done in ORANGE and it is FABULOUS! Did my mom make the headboard on the bed? YES. Did she also make the curtains? YES. Did she make some of the pillows? YES.  However, in these next pictures, I would like the world to focus on these hanging lanterns. They are just wonderful and I am going to find a place in my home to put something similar to this.

What she did: She bought strips of leather, sewed them together to create the cord which the lantern is hung. She attached hooks in the ceiling to hang the leather from. She found the lanterns at a local store (only color they had was orange...of course!) and then placed in them white candles for this amazing look! If you find lanterns you want, spray paint can be used to get them the color you want! I am contemplating how I can re-arrange my bedrooms to add these hanging lanterns to my own home. White lanterns with some bright candles would also be amazing I think!

Below are some pictures of these amazing lanterns that added some originality to this amazing-retro-colored room!!!




I LOVE THIS! These lanterns are just AMAZING!!!!

No comments: