Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bingo? Yes...and the dauber too!

Am I fan of BINGO?! More than my husband would like the world to know (Natasha, if you EVER read this, know that you rekindled my BINGO love in Colorado Springs). My favorite thing about this game of chance? The daubers!!! I get more than slightly amused by the dauber-dispensers that the fancy BINGO halls have. Ah, a whole vending-like-machine full of daubers. Any color you can imagine! Ah, it's glorious!!



Anyway, contrary to what it may seem, what I want to share with the world today is NOT my love for the BINGO dauber...But, in fact, a different type of dauber. A scrapbooking dauber! I am taking a break from discussing the creativity of my parent's home today and taking a little look inside the creative world of the "dauber." This dauber completely changed my world when I was first introduced to it a few short years ago. Ahhh!

Please take a moment to 'ooooh' and 'aaaaah' over the dauber (picture below).


Yes, they are little. Yes, they are sort of like a plastic thimble with a sponge on top. Yes, they are the most amazing thing that any card-maker, scrapbooker or crafter will ever lay their hands on.

What do you do with a dauber? You place them on your finger (I prefer my right index finger), daub (is that a word?) them in your desired ink/stamp pad, then go to town daubing the edges of anything and everything! I might have lost you there in that description, therefore I thought it best to show you some examples of what the dauber can do. Please, prepare to bow to the mighty dauber at the end of this!

This is how you add a little distressed look or some color to anything with the dauber.
Adding a dark edge to some captions with the dauber.

You can double-up the colors with the dauber. I used pink ink first and then followed it up with a black.

You can see how the dauber makes any captions/titles much improved!

Ah, clearly, I use the dauber too much on all my titles, but I LOVE IT!

You can use the dauber with colored ink too! Here it is in RED!
Now, you may have noticed that most of my pictures are just on white paper using ink to distress the edges of them. There are many other uses for the dauber! Below is a picture of the dauber adding a little dimension to a card. I have seen people use the dauber on nearly anything, even pictures themselves. If you have never tried the dauber, I hope you do sometime soon.


IGNORE the background in this picture. I was eating breakfast in my living room, while probably painting my toe-nails. PLEASE just focus on the amazing use of the dauber on this card, ha! :)

I will continue highlighting the amazing creativity of my parent's home in the next entries! But until then, please respect the dauber!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog girl! Anyone that knows you, knows that you could start your own business with your creativity. Please, please, please keep these good ideas coming!

Denise Cochran said...

You are amazing! Keep these ideas coming because I love them and they are getting my creative juices flowing.