Monday, June 27, 2011

A spunk of a thing!


What do you see when you look at this thing above? A funky flower?! Some really prickly little thing? A sun? If I were to see these at a store, I would have to think really hard to find a place for this guy in my home (But, don't get me wrong, I LOVE this spunk of a thing!!).

I am yet again writing about my parent's home (I warned you!)...and this little guy...and how my mom used this small piece of art in such a cute way!!! I was inspired. If you recall a few entries back, I told ya'll about the new amazing orange retro room. On one of the walls, sits five of these little spunks....and four 'X's. Hmmm, what could this be?! TIC-TAC-TOE!!!

How did she do it?

She saw these amazing little spunks (my official name for them) at a store and bought them, thinking that she would create an over-sized tic-tac-toe game on the wall. To complete this game, she bought cardboard cutouts of 'X's and then bought scrapbook paper to cover them. She finished off the game board with thin pieces of wood that made the lines. She painted them brown, put them together and there you go....project complete!!!

The moral of the story?! If see something that is interesting, unique and just all sorts of cool at a store....BUY IT! You may not have the place for it yet, or even the perfect idea for it yet...but you will....it'll come!! And if the idea doesn't come, I can give you my mom's number! :)




No comments: