Monday, July 25, 2011

Smart, yes. Creative too.

Whenever I have a style question, I go to my sister. Whenever I have a funny story, I go to my sister. Whenever, I have a creative idea, I go to my sister and run it by her. Seriously, she's my go-to. Many people think I am the 'creative one' and she is the 'smart one.' While, she may indeed be the smarter one, she is also very creative. I keep pestering her to share some of her creativity with the world, but she has a full-time job, two kids and lately, a fun little love life...so, please prepare yourself world to be wowed by Brooksie Lane and some of her creative ideas this week (high-lighted by her sister with no kids, no full-time job but a wonderful love life)!!

Brooksie Lane has a great love for a few things in life: family, books, pens, games and jewelry. Yes, I said pens. I will highlight this love later! Anyway, growing up in the middle of the Missouri, us Springfieldians aren't always on the cutting edge of fashion (well, I'm not!). Buying fun jewelry in Springfield consists of going to Macy's, Dillard's or another store in the mall and trying to find something you like. After a while, there is only so much you can do....SO, what does my creative sister do?!? MAKE HER OWN!

I am just showing off one of her amazing necklaces that I think is amazing!! When I asked her how she did it, she said, "I don't know, I just kept making it until I liked the way it looked." For those of you who have never made anything hand-made, that is the secret...honestly! Make it until you like the way it looks. Chances are, if you like it, others will too!!


Yep, I love it! It reminds me of Betsy Johnson, only better!

1 comment: