Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Leather Walls? Yes Please!

You have an entire wall. You don't want to paint AGAIN. You don't want to buy expensive wall art that you don't really like anyways. You definitely don't want to leave it white.
What is a person to do? Leather!?!?!

On one of my parent's bedroom's walls, the entire wall is covered with leather. She went to a fabric store, bought a leather bolt. She didn't want the fabric to overlap in an unattractive way, so she bought pieces of wood trim, painted it silver and then added/mosaiced mini-mirrors to the center of each piece of wood. She then added silver studs throughout the leather to keep it attached to the wall. Oh, I just love it! When described, it sounds 'cowboy.' However, when you see it, it just looks classy, original and all sorts of good.

Their room is done in brown, silver and red and it is FABULOUS!
Below are some pictures of this leather-covered wall!

A view of the leather wall.
A close-up view of this leather wall with the silver trim dividers covered in mirrors! Ah, how creative!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SHENA!!!! I LOVE THIS! Now, if I could only get you and your mom to come to my house and help me decorate. I am loving these ideas! -Nycki A.