Thursday, May 26, 2011

One? Not enough!!!

Okay, so I am not allowed to paint my walls in my apartment!! Ahhhh! Not that I don't appreciate the light sand-brown color that they are painted (believe me, it could be so much worse), but I like a little more COLOR in my life! Therefore, I am forced to hang things on my walls. I hope my landlord doesn't read my blog....doubtful, since only my mom and sister read...and that's when I pester them to....but, back to my landlord. We were discouraged not to put any holes in our walls, but I can't leave them as be. I just counted and I have put 104 holes in my walls (I have 52 hanging objects in my wee little apartment)...and I haven't even finished my bedroom yet.......eeeeeeeeeeek! It's gonna be quite the day when we must putty over all these little holes.

I think my biggest hindrance when hanging things is I hate to leave an item by itself. When all by itself, I think an object probably gets lonely...therefore, I am always hanging groups of things together. No rhyme or reason to my group hanging...I just think it looks more enticing to my eye! I know it's not a new idea in any way, but just wanted to share some clusters of objects that adorn my walls to give the everyday-man some ideas.

I just couldn't find anymore pictures to put in frames. So, I went to a thrift shop, bought some old frames, painted them up, stuck some random peacock feathers in and hung them up in the corner of the dinning room!

Can't go wrong with hanging things in threes. In descending size order, I hung some fun wedding reception shots. To add a little somethin-somethin at the top, I hung the top one from ribbon.

Again, with my threes.

Oh my heavens, you'd think I'm obsessed with the sconces!


They are squares, they are boring, but I like em!

A collage is the perfect way to hang all of Matt's military stuff!

3 comments:

The Busy world of Tommy and Jack said...

you have a beautiful home Shena! You are so talented!! :) Love the blog idea!! <3

Ray Kelley said...

Shena: I suppose there would be something seriously wrong in the world (and especially in your and Matt's much smaller world) if there were any serious discussions about me occurring in it. But, I read. Give me any excuse, and I'll start reading; and, well, you gave me that excuse when you let me learn a while back that you have a blog. Now as to my price for not talking to your landlord . . .

Shena said...

Ray...I try not to make my blog too personal about anyone (there are crazies out there in internet land you know)...otherwise it would be all about you!! :) As for my landlord, I bake them cookies often, so I should be fine, ha!