Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Little beads make beautiful things!!!

Years ago, I was watching a girlie movie and I saw the most beautiful detailed flower in a woman's hair. I paused the movie and carefully inspected this hair-piece and discovered it was a flower made out of itty-bitty beads put together some how and made into flower. OH MY!! I was going to have to learn how to do this!! I researched as much as I could about the elusive beaded flower. Very few resources could be found. I finally found this bead-shop in the middle of South Florida that carried one book about French beaded-flowers. I bought it, bought every color seed bead and more wire than you can imagine.

It's really a lost art...or rather, it's an art that was never really found, due to the amount of time and detail that each little beaded-flower requires. I have been making these flowers for years now and nothing is more fun than putting together one bead on a piece of wire at a time, creating a single petal and then eventually putting them all together for a beaded-flower-masterpiece.

The flowers in my hair on my wedding day were not real, but instead I made them out of unique crystal beads. The napkin-rings around my table at the holidays are beaded flowers made into a tiger-lilly and a poinsettia. The arrangements of flowers I put around my house from time to time will never wilt, because they are made out of beads.

Besides the amount of time these take to make, the only other real negative is the mess they leave behind! My husband will find these little beads everywhere after I have been working on flowers. I am constantly struggling to find more time to work on beaded flowers, because they are simply beautiful! Here are some I have created. I will make a picture tutorial sometime in the future for all these beauts!

Just a bundle of random beaded flowers I've made.

As well as flowers, bees and butterflies can be made as well!




No comments: